Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V-Day

In junior high, I desperately wanted a rose on Valentines day.
On the days surrounding Valentines day you could buy a rose and have it delivered to someone during class. I wanted to get  a rose more than anything. Every time a rose deliverer would come into one of my classes, my hopes would soar- only to be let down again.

But alas, I never did get a rose. I'm not sure who I expected to send me one. Some secret admirer I suppose. I even secretly thought about sending one to myself, but who does that? Not I.

Now I am married and I have my very own permanent Valentine. I don't have to wonder who will be my date (well unless, like previous years, he works, but I have two little gentlemen to fill in for him).

Did I get roses this year?
No.
Did I get even ONE rose this year?
No.
Did I get anything at all???
No. No, I did not.

Now, now calm down. Before you decide that Tim is the worst Valentine ever, let me explain.
First of all, did I get him anything?.....no. I didn't.
And not because we don't believe in Valentines day or because we haven't in past years.
We just decided not to buy anything this year.
We've got a lot going on right now.
Big changes are going on at the Morgan household.

So what did we do on the lovers holiday?
Well... we put the kids to bed.
We ate homemade pizza.
We talked about our future plans....
And that was it.
Tim went to work, and I went to bed.
But in the morning, I woke up to Tim cleaning the kitchen.
That is not to say he never cleans the kitchen.
In fact lately, he cleans it often.
But it still made me feel loved.

And now (that I am not 13 with a bad hair cut and a flat chest), I would take a clean kitchen over a rose any day.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute! Funny how the meaningful things that come with Valentine's Day change over the years. I also, got nothing. But having people around me who love me is 10 times better! (Although, I would have taken a clean kitchen!!!)

Jessi Fogg said...

I always wanted a rose at school too and never got one. I did get something for valentines day but I spent the day alone with only my kids one of which was puking.

Joni and John said...

I completely agree... Roses die anyway.

Anonymous said...

You're cute. I'm really excited about all the Morgan family changes. Super stuff. And everyone knows homemade pizza is the best way to spend the V-day.

Jenny Bay said...

How fun :) I just noticed on your baby counter that you are just one day ahead of me in pregnancy!! Crazy! Hope you're feeling well :)

Araignée said...

Glad you enjoyed anyway...We simply got to relax, which is nice.

I saw your post and had to comment, looking at the monopoly by all those "J"s...

Rachel said...

I love this!

Ashley Thompson said...

When you get flowers you just have to sit and watch them die so be grateful you didn't get them. And anyone who complains about not getting something, not having their husband there on that one stupid day, or having to be the one to take care of the children need to take a step back. Feel lucky you are married to your best friend everyday. Feel blessed to have a family with that best friend. Don't take for granted the things that you would miss so much if they were gone.