Thursday, June 4, 2009

Counting Down . . .

Our big family California Vacation is coming up soon. Nearly every day Tyler asks if we are going to go to the beach or to see Mickey that day, and every day I have to tell him, not yet. So to help him understand how many more days are left, we made a count down chain (doesn't it bring back memories of elementary school at Christmas time?). He really enjoyed making it (the kid loves using the glue like it's nobody's business) and he loves taking off a link each night and counting how many days are left--and let's be honest, I love counting down the days too. 







7 comments:

Bekah said...

So fun!!! I'm going to Disneyland for Christmas. Right after I graduate with a Bachelor's Degree. I think it's a great way to celebrate. Love you family!

Michelle said...

So creative, Car! You guys will have fun... but, Carlye?? We NEED to have a GNO before you go! NEED NEED NEED to!

Jessi Fogg said...

I can't wait to go. The chain thing is a good idea maybe I will do that with Hazel. She is starting to get frustrated.

Rachel said...

Ty sure does LOVE the glue! Wish I was going..sounds fun!

Ashley Thompson said...

That will be so fun! I want me and Landon to make one for a trip. I am not sure what trip, but maybe we should make one up just to do the chain! lol Actually we really are thinking of going to Georgia (where he grew up) and NY next year before we start a fam. But, if I started a chain now that would be REALLY long! :-(

Belle said...

I love those paper chains!

Anonymous said...

Chelli what is a GNO? That is a good idea Carlye! So fun.